Buhari: I will not promise to bring back chibok girls, but I...

08:24 my 0 Comments

 

Buhari: I will not promise to bring back chibok girls, but I...


Nigeria’s President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has pledged to do all possible to rescue more than 200 schoolgirls abducted from Chibok in Borno State, by Boko Haram militants, a year ago.

The girls were seized April 14, 2014 from their dormitories as they prepared for exams.

The current federal government has failed to rescue them, and has been widely criticised for not doing enough, until recently, to tackle Boko Haram.

In a statement marking the girls’ one year in captivity, Mr. Buhari said his government will act differently.

But he warned that the new approach must begin with “honesty”, in admitting that the girls’ whereabouts are unknown, and that as much as he wishes to, he cannot promise his government can find them.

Still, he assured “every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home”.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: