I Am Not Sympathetic To Buhari –Gov Aliyu

03:50 my 0 Comments

I Am Not Sympathetic To Buhari –Gov Aliyu


Governor Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State said he has no sympathty towards the political ambition of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammad Buhari, because the retired army general truncated his political ambition in 1983. Governor Aliyu, who spoke at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaign held at the trade fair complex in Minna, the state capital, added, that though Buhari truncated his political ambition then, he had forgiven him.

Aliyu, who was possibly reacting to reports and insinuation that he was listed as one of the governors sympathetic to the candidature of Buhari, noted that he believed in loyalty and would not leave his party and support someone from another party.“Some people are saying some of us have sympathy for Buhari, I personally, my political ambition was truncated by Buhari in 1983, my people elected me into the House of Representatives, I was annoyed but I have forgiven him. It gives me a lot of opportunity to further my study,” said Aliyu.

The Governor argued that though the APC Presidential candidate may have undisputable qualities and may be honest, those qualities do not translate into public policies. He added that, “I must say, Buhari may be honest as an individual, we may admire him for his personal qualities but believe me, those qualities do not translate into public politics, stressing that, “it does not translate in the way the society is contained, PDP members, you must have confidence, do not be intimidated by any person, do not be intimidated by noise, ethnic or religious sentiment.” He declared that, “I am a PDP man, I believe in loyalty, if I have left PDP, I would have resigned my mandate as a governor because that mandate is in PDP. If anyone says the PDP is bad, he should leave all the property and all they got while they were in the party. They cannot because they know they will lose everything. We must bring back the values of honesty back.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: