My Wife Beats Me Everyday' -Man Begs Court For Divorce

My Wife Beats Me Everyday' -Man Begs Court For Divorce


A 55- year-old retired civil servant, Mr Emmanuel Osuya, has asked an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his 32-year-old marriage over alleged battering by his wife.

Osuya told the court on Wednesday that his wife, Abigeal Osuya, 50, had turned him into a punching bag.

He said she beat him on any slight provocation.

Osuya told the court that his wife always threatened his life through battery that he was afraid she may kill him one day.

"My wife wants to kill me; she beat me almost every day with dangerous weapons. On three occasions, she broke my leg, preventing me from going out for days,’’ he said.

Osuya also accused his wife of turning his children against him, thereby making them to hate him.

"Abigeal succeeded in creating enmity between me and my children, she tells them false and damaging stories about me in order to hate me. So my children only care for her by sending her money and other items every month, without extending their love to me, they always ignore me as if I do not exist,’’ Osuya said.

The petitioner described his wife as a thief.

He said that she always stole his money, rendering him financially broke.

"I cannot keep money at home again because my wife will steal it. She acted as if she is not always satisfied with the money I give her in spite of the fact that my children always send her money every month,’’ the petitioner said.

Osuya said that Abigeal always starved him of food.

He appealed to the court to dissolve the marriage, saying that ''I am no longer interested in the marriage, I don’t want to die now, more so that I am out of love’’.

Abigeal denied all the allegations.

The mother of five said that she had never beaten her husband since the day she married him.

She said that it was her husband that always beat her.

"It was my husband that always beat me on any slight provocation, I have never beaten him," she said.

The respondent also said that she had never stolen her husband's money.

Abigeal said that she used to cook for her husband wherever he gave her money for food. She asked the court not to grant her husband's prayer.

''I am still in love with him,’’ she said.

The Court President, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till April 30 for further hearing.

husband battery

43 Child Soldiers Freed From Boko Haram

43 Child Soldiers Freed From Boko Haram


Col. Azem Agouna, Chadian Army Spokesman, said on Wednesday that they have repatriated 43 children, who had been kidnapped by Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram and forced to become child soldiers.

He said in N'djamena that the children, who are aged 12 and older and are Chadian nationals, were found in the Nigerian town of Damasak, in North-Eastern Borno.

Damasak was under Boko Haram control until Chadian and Nigerian forces recaptured the town in early March.

Agouna said the children managed to escape during the clashes between the insurgents and soldiers, while the local families helped them to hide from the jihadists.

He disclosed that when it was certain that Boko Haram had been defeated and would not return to the town, the children came out of their hiding places and asked Chadian security forces for help.

The spokesman said the army would look into how and when Boko Haram abducted the children from Chad.

Hausa-Yoruba Gang-Up Against GEJ: Expect Crisis After May 29, South-South Warns

Hausa-Yoruba Gang-Up Against GEJ: Expect Crisis After May 29, South-South Warns


A pressure group in the Niger Delta, The South South Voice, has decried the manner the North and West ganged up against President Goodluck Jonathan against his second term bid.

The group has warned that crisis looms for the country unless this conspiracy is addressed.

National Coordinator of the group, Mr. Victtor Tamarapreye said in a letter: "we the under signed for and on behalf of numerous concerned people of the South South geo-political region of Nigeria, wish to inform you that, we are not happy with the way and manner the election was conducted and it will be wrong to hand over power to the wrong person."

“The election was rigged massively to favour Gen.Buhari and we will not accept such result. Even though we are heading to court but we want to warn first so that Nigerians will understand where the trouble is coming from when it commences."

“Secondly, You Mr President was coaxed and intimidated to accept the outcome of the election by the International Community and the so called peace makers Committee in Nigeria.

“There was a gang-up against you from the Northern part of Nigeria irrespective of party line, as well as the issue of under-age voters which we all saw in several northern states. You have performed more than any Nigerian president has ever produced in your first term in office.”

Nigeria’s election will serve as model to African countries —Mahama

Nigeria’s election will serve as model to African countries —Mahama






PRESIDENT of Ghana and chairman of the  Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS), John Mahama, on Tuesday, said the 2015 general election in Nigeria would serve as a model to many African countries, which aspire for free and transparent elections in the future.

President Mahama stated  this on Tuesday, when he paid a courtesy call on  the chairman of Independent National Independent Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, in Abuja

He pointed out that several African countries going to the polls to elect their leaders this year would  have a lot to learn from the conduct of elections in Nigeria.

According to him, “this year, several other elections are coming up in Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso and Guinea and I think everybody has been watching, as an example, what is going on in Nigeria here. It sends a very good signal to other countries holding elections this year in the ECOWAS sub-region.”

He commended INEC for adopting the use of technology such as the card reader machine in the conduct of the elections.

“I think there is a lot many countries can learn from you in terms of the roll out of technology, provision of voter identification cards and the equipment for reading those cards in terms of authenticating the voters.

“There will always be glitches with technology, but I think this is the first step to go for it and we can continue to improve upon the technology, so that we have smoother elections,” he added.

The Ghanaian president advised Nigerians that irrespective of their political parties, all hands should be on deck to move the country forward.

He also commended President Goodluck Jonathan for his maturity in congratulating General Muhammadu Buhari, even before the result of the election was declared.



Tinubu Blasts Kashamu: Stop Praising Me And Let America Handle You!

Tinubu Blasts Kashamu: Stop Praising Me And Let America Handle You!


The national leader of the APC has asked Kashamu, a PDP financier to stop praising him, and asked him to go to America to answer to the drug charges against him.

“Please keep your peace until you make your trip to the USA as a Senator-elect. Upon your return we can then have a conversation. We can then proceed with your repudiation of the PDP with a promise that you will stop corrupting and fouling the political system,” said Tinubu, in a statemen.

“Our attention has been drawn to the recently advertised letter by Mr. Buruji Kashamu to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in which he described Tinubu in superlative terms and as his role model. Kashamu needs to stop this cynical fawning. It will not work.

“The days of false adulation are gone in Nigerian politics. Fake praise singers like Kashamu will find that their particular craft is no longer in vogue. During this election cycle, their practice has dramatically turned from the way things are to how it used to be.

“Henceforth, there will be consequences for the positions a politician takes and the words they utter.

“Politicians will no longer be able to change direction and loyalties as if they were changing clothes. Those in politics must know that responsibility and accountability shall now follow them. One can no longer walk both sides of the street at the same time. In case Kashamu has not noticed, the politics of principle defeated the politics of posturing.

“That Kashumu undermined the democratic process by buying his victory does not mean he is part of the new Nigeria. He is merely an isolated vestige of a dying past. The man is an extinct species the realization of which will soon dawn on him.

“For him to liken himself to Bola Tinubu is for a small rut to call itself a mountain. For Kashamu to call Tinubu a role model is Kashamu’s admission that he does not know the meaning of the term. There are no grounds for comparison. There is only contrast. Tinubu has sacrificed years trying to bring democracy to Nigeria. He struggled in opposition to the powers that be. Without this, at times, lonesome fight and singular determination, the great change in Nigerian politics would not have happened as it did. TInubu is an architect of democracy. Kashamu is a failed demolisher of that which Tinubu has strived to build. Under Kashamu’s designs, our elections would be a wholly mercantile undertaking.

“Meanwhile, Kashamu has blown wherever the prevailing winds took him. He stood for nothing and sacrificed nothing except the people’s welfare.

“This same Kashamu rained insults on former President Obasanjo in a vicious campaign of calumny. Kashamu’s party, PDP sponsored defamatory documentaries full of lies and innuendos against me, General Muhammadu Buhari and other leaders of APC. Please keep your peace until you make your trip to the USA as a Senator-elect. Upon your return we can then have a conversation. We can then proceed with your repudiation of the PDP with a promise that you will stop corrupting and fouling the political system.

“That Kashamu would deign to compare himself with Tinubu is a distasteful insult to Tinubu and to anyone who knows Nigerian politics. If he has any sense of propriety, Kashamu should retract the corrupt missive and apologize for this latest lie to the public.”

“Kashamu in a factory of incoherent mischief aimed at achieving selfish goals. Before the election, Tinubu was his arch-enemy. Now he seeks to be the prodigal son returned home. This scam will fail.

“Kashamu may be prodigal but he is no political son of Tinubu. Kashamu’s political lineage tracks to people like Bode George and President Jonathan. He should direct his encomiums to these men who are his true role models. They need his contrived affections more than Tinubu does."

The Reasons GEJ Sacked Suleiman Abba

The Reasons GEJ Sacked Suleiman Abba


Vanguard reporters have stated that the former Inspector-General of Police, Mr Suleiman Abba "incurred the wrath of the Presidency on the eve of the governorship and House of Assembly elections for allegedly arguing with the government officials over the directive to recall the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in Charge of Zone 6, Tunde Ogunshakin, from Rivers State."

Vanguard says that Abba had deployed Ogunshakin from Calabar to Port Harcourt to oversee the Rivers state governorship elections after Amaechi had complained that the police and INEC had connived to rig in favor of PDP.

When the president called Abba to query him about the deployment of Ogunshakin the paper reports (it was believed Ogunshakin was sympathetic to Amaechi), Suleiman Abba had reportedly ignored President Jonathan's calls.

Vanguard also says: "another sin of the former IG was his presence at the presentation of the Certificate of Return to Muhammadu Buhari at the International Conference Centre on April 1, 2015, which convinced the Presidency that the IG was actually working for the opposition and it moved quickly against him."

South African Police Has Reportedly Arrested Those That Murdered Emmanuel Sithole

South African Police Has Reportedly Arrested Those That Murdered Emmanuel Sithole


South African police claim they’ve arrested 3 of the men who attacked Mozambican man Emmanuel Sithole on the streets of Alexandra on Saturday April 18th. He later died in hospital
“The suspects were arrested in Alexandra (on Sunday evening) with help from the members of the community. Several exhibits that may be used as evidence were seized during the arrests” Lieutenant Colonel Lungelo Dlamini said.

He also said there’s a manhunt for a fourth person. The three are expected to appear in a Magistrate court in Alexandra tomorrow Tuesday April 21 on charges of murder.